Racism

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The troubling events that are unfolding in our country are all the more reason for the church to step up; clothed in the Love of Jesus, and be a light in dark places. Racism is sin, no matter what form it takes or how it is presented. The Church has been far too silent concerning this disabling national disease. Our reasons for being quiet are manifold.

(1)   Most Christians that I know do not want racism, nor do they embrace it; they just do not know what to do. However, not knowing what to do is no longer an option. We have to return to God in prayer and devotion. We have to stand up and speak out when we see racist actions or hear racist remarks, even if those actions and remarks are from our own family or friends. We cannot any longer stay on the sidelines and hope this problem disappears.

(2)   The vitriol that surrounds this subject causes some to withdraw from the conversation all together. Both sides are heated and instead of talking to each other, we are talking at one another. Darkness will never drive out darkness. Hated words will never bring about the peace of God. Only the Light of God can and will drive away the darkness that covers our communities, states, nation and the world.

(3)   We who make up the Body of Christ have trusted the Government to do what we were commissioned to do. Our apathy on this issue is astonishing! We must return to Christ in repentance and seek to be filled with His Holy Spirit. Slaying the giant of racism is not done “by might, nor by power, but by MY SPIRIT, SAYS THE LORD”.

It is true that I have no idea what it is like to grow up in this country as a black man. Nor do I have a clue what it is like to put on a uniform and go out to protect and serve our community. As a bystander, I can see wrong on both sides of this issue.  However, I have come to the conclusion that I do have a choice in this matter. Rather than remaining a bystander, I can get involved and be a part of the solution, instead of being a part of the problem. Instead of making a point, I can make a difference!

Even in this darkness I am encouraged. I have read many posts on Social Media where people are praying for God to come. I have read prayers of repentance and seen people offer love where hate rules. I have heard us pray for Divine Intervention more than I have heard in years. This causes my heart to be encouraged for the Word of God is still as true today as when God originally spoke it: “if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chron 7:14). NKJV

LET US PRAY…LET US SEEK…LET US TURN!

THEN HE WILL HEAR…HE WILL FORGIVE…HE WILL HEAL OUR LAND!

0 comments:

Post a Comment